You can read all about it more than ever as the Saddleworth Independent is proud to announce we have launched two new newspapers in local areas.
The Independent, run by Editor in Chief Aimee Belmore, was launched in 2010 by Ken Bennett and has become a popular and important source of news, views, lifestyle, business, sport and more to 22,000 readers.
In 2016, sister title the Mossley Correspondent was launched to offer a similar publication to the neighbouring town, under the eye of editor Trevor Baxter.
Now, two new titles – the Stalybridge Correspondent and the Shaw and Crompton Correspondent – are opening during September and October.
And with a growing business, we have welcomed new members of the team on board to work across the four newspapers, and the team now comprises:
- Aimee Belmore: Editor in Chief
- Trevor Baxter: Editor of Saddleworth Independent and Shaw & Crompton Correspondent
- Tony Bugby: Editor of Stalybridge Correspondent and Mossley Correspondent
- Iain Blackwood Hobbs: Head of Sales
- Paul Guilfoyle: Sales Executive for Saddleworth Independent and Shaw & Crompton Correspondent
- Jennie Wood: Sales Executive for Stalybridge Correspondent and Mossley Correspondent
- Steve Hodgkiss: Senior Designer
Aimee Belmore, Editor in Chief, commented: “We’re delighted to be able to launch two more papers and bring local news to even more communities.
“At a time when local papers up and down the country are struggling, it’s a great validation of our local journalism that we are growing month by month.
“We feel proud and incredibly privileged to bring you interesting and up-to-date news and stories, to celebrate our local area and to hold those in power to account.”
We continue to operate all four newspapers through our company Local Communications Limited, which Aimee founded in 2013.
You can visit our team at our office at Units 3&4, 45 High Street, Uppermill, Oldham, OL3 6HS or call us on 01457 237474.