EVERYONE STARTS off with beautiful white teeth but strongly coloured foods and drinks like coffee, tea and Cola can discolour the surface of your teeth.
Just like white clothes that have picked up dyes and can never regain their original brightness, stained teeth are very difficult to whiten with conventional methods.
Just like we all have different hair and skin colour, people also have a different tooth colour. Some teeth are more yellow than others, while others yellow with aging.
Your natural tooth colour can also be affected by many other factors. Surface stains and internal discolouration can be caused by:
- The natural aging process
- Using tobacco, drinking coffee, tea, Colas or red wine
- Eating pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits
- Ingesting too much fluoride (more than 2 parts per million) when teeth are forming which gives teeth a “mottled” look
- Treatment with the antibiotic Tetracycline during childhood
- Trauma to the teeth that may cause a brown, grey or black colour
There are many reasons for whitening your teeth, including:
- The boost to your self-esteem that comes from having a great smile
- A younger appearance
- A special event such as a wedding, job interview or a class reunion
- To make a positive first impression on others
- To simply reverse the years of everyday staining and yellowing
Salon 7 offer a teeth whitening service at just £69 for a one hour treatment that is guaranteed to whiten teeth 6-14 shades brighter and a top up appointment at just £35 for 30 minute top up.