Aspect IT, based in Springhead, offers IT support, cloud services, website design, software development and more. FInd out more online www.aspectit.co.uk or call 0161 241 9050.
By Peter Dorotiak, Director at Aspect IT
A New Year means New Year’s resolutions, and many people make new personal goals.
But what if you are a business owner? If you are, then the New Year is an ideal time to realign your business objectives and strategic plans. And it is also a great time to review your IT systems.
Here are four areas to focus on when reviewing your IT systems for 2020:
1. IT Support: Every year, businesses become more reliant on their IT systems. Your IT support team, whether internal or outsourced, should be able to respond in a timely manner and be proactive by recommending new solutions to improve efficiency and performance.
If you do not have IT support, then a review is worthwhile. You could save time and money by appointing an external IT company to manage your IT systems.
2. Security: The last few years has seen GDPR come into effect and numerous high-profile security breaches. The security of your systems should be a top priority in 2020. If you are serious about business security, then Cyber Essentials accreditation, a government backed scheme, provides an excellent framework to protect against the main threats.
3. VoIP: VoIP (Voice over IP) is a fast-growing technology and more businesses are making the switch from traditional phone lines. If you are still using an analogue phone system, then 2020 is a great time to see if you can save money by switching to VoIP.
Also, it may be able to contribute to your business strategy with its feature-rich technologies and change the way you interact with your clients.
4. Business Processes: Reviewing your business processes and the software your company uses is an important project to undertake. Well-designed processes and software can help you improve company performance and efficiency of your staff.
• If you would like help reviewing your IT systems this New Year, then get in touch.
Visit our website at www.aspectit.co.uk or call 0161 241 9050.