By Danielle Skinner, Digital Marketing Executive at Aspect IT
OCTOBER marked Cyber Security Awareness month and its purpose was to educate businesses and individuals on the importance of protection against cyber-attacks
During October, we have highlighted on our blogs, newsletters and social media that Cyber Essentials is an excellent way for small business to protect their business from cyber-attacks.
About Cyber Essentials
For those who have never heard of Cyber Essentials, it is a government backed scheme that is designed to help businesses become more aware of the risks and consequences of an attack and what they can do to mitigate against them. This is completed via a certification process.
There are many benefits to become certified under Cyber Essentials:
• Show your clients and suppliers you take cyber security seriously
• Make other organizations aware of the certification
• Help you detect and patch up unknown threats
• Teach you more about the principle and importance of cyber security
• Help to protect you from possible financial loss following an attack
Does your business need it?
As IT professionals, we would strongly advise the certification as it not only gives you the above benefits, but also helps you keep on top and in touch with what is going on in the technical world of cyber security. Leaving your business unprotected could cause major problems.
Our Cyber Essentials service
We are working with the governing body IASME to help SMEs become certified with Cyber Essentials. We have a simple and effective five-step process to help you address your current level of protection and complete your questionnaire for submission. Our process consists of:
1. Onsite inspection of your procedures and technology systems
2. Assess and specify work to be completed
3. Implement the changes and procedures required
4. Apply for your certification
5. Conduct quarterly visits to review and maintain
If you would like your business to become Cyber Essentials Certified, get in touch with us on 0161 241 9050 and speak to our team today.