Bridges Estate Agency: Things a landlord must remember when renting out a house

Bridges logoBridges Estate Agency is a independent agency specialising in Saddleworth, Mossley and surrounding areas with a professional and dedicated service. 

Find Bridges Estate Agency at 63 High Street, call 01457 871845 or visit

IF YOU are a landlord, there are several important things you need to remember when renting a house out.

One is the need for a yearly Gas Safety Certificate, and also an Energy Performance Certificate which is valid for ten years.

A landlord is also required to provide cooking facilities and heating for the property.

As of October 2015, landlords must also now also install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, with a fine of up to £5,000 for failure to do so.

These smoke alarms are required to be installed to every floor if the building was built before 1992, and carbon monoxide detectors must be fitted where heating is by solid fuel. However having them in all instances may be a worthwhile decision.

If you rent a property out and would like advice on this, feel free to speak to one of our friendly team at our office in Uppermill.

At Bridges, we can source and install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.

If you have a property you’re thinking of letting, we can help with all these necessary requirements, including organising Gas Safety Certificates and undertaking an Energy Performance Certificate if one is needed.


One Reply to “Bridges Estate Agency: Things a landlord must remember when renting out a house”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *