A NEW Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is being offered to Saddleworth Medical Practice patients from Wednesday, January 18, 2107.
EPS is a new NHS service that allows the practice to send a patient’s prescription directly to their chosen pharmacy. This means patients can choose to have a paper-free prescription.
If you normally collect repeat prescriptions from the same place you could benefit from the service:
- you can collect repeat prescriptions directly from a pharmacy without visiting your GP
- you won’t have paper prescriptions to lose
- you may spend less time waiting in the pharmacy
- the service is reliable, secure and confidential
- the service saves times for the practice and pharmacy allowing them to reinvest this time in other areas that benefit you
You don’t need a computer to use EPS. You can use the service as long as your chosen pharmacy offers the service.
You’ll then need to nominate the pharmacy you’d like to pick up your prescription medicines or appliances from in the future. You can choose the most convenient place for you, such as near your home, where you shop or where you work. This is flexible and can be changed at any time, just let your chosen pharmacy know.