A MAJOR bus timetable change will affect a number of services in the Saddleworth and Oldham area.
The changes came into force on Sunday, April 28 and bus passengers are being urged to plan their journeys in advance and familiarise themselves with the new schedule.
Services which are no longer be operated by First Manchester are: 149, 340, 353 & 354 and 415.
And following evening services no longer operated by First Manchester are: 350, 425, 501, 507, 561 & 562.
The changes to the local routes include:
• 340: Evening, Sunday and public holiday journeys are withdrawn and partly replaced by bus 81A between Lees and Oldham and daytime journeys on Sundays and public holidays on bus 343
• 343: Daytime journeys introduced on Sundays and public holidays run by Stagecoach, partly replacing bus 340
• 350: Times of evening journeys are changed and are now run by Stagecoach
• 353: Monday to Saturday journeys now run by Nexus Move
• 354: Monday to Saturday journeys now run by Nexus Move.
The new timetables are available to view online on Transport for Greater Manchester’s (TfGM) website: https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/service-changes
Cllr Roger Jones, chair of the Bus Network and Transport for Greater Manchester Services Sub-Committee, said: “We understand buses are a vital lifeline, providing hundreds of millions of journeys per year and accounting for over three quarters of all public transport journeys.
“This is why we continue to work hard to help support bus users and, where possible, maintain transport links in areas where a strong social need is identified.
“We strive to strike the right balance with the resources available and provide value for money, while endeavouring to ensure vital transport links are maintained.”
• For information the website visit www.tfgm.com, call 0161 244 1000 or follow @OfficialTfGM on Twitter.