A DEAD mouse was found in a food storage area at Clough Manor hotel in Denshaw, a court heard.
Environmental Health officers made the discovery during a routine food hygiene inspection at the Rochdale Road premises in February 2018.
Cobwebs, dirt, dust, food debris and grease were also found in the kitchen, bar and pot wash areas and there were inadequate pest control measures in place.
A range of out-of-date food, including smoked salmon – gone off by nearly two months – cheese, yoghurts, sausages and pepperoni was also found in the food preparation area.
In April 2018 Clough Manor received a one-star rating from the Food Standards Agency.
On November 21 at Tameside Magistrates’ Court Clough North, trading as Clough Manor, was found guilty of 19 offences under the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013, Regulation 19.
The company was not represented in court but was fined £12,000 and ordered to pay costs of £1,250 plus a victim surcharge of £170. The venue is no longer open for business.
All Oldham food business ratings are on the Food Standards Agency website http://ratings.food.gov.uk/QuickSearch.aspx
Clough Manor has endured a traumatic 12 months started with the departure of one-time lease holders, Tony Leach and Phil Wareing in November 2017.
The business was then acquired in early December 2017 and re-opened by Dutch born hotelier Zishan Zaman.
But in April 2018, the 23-bedroom establishment closed for the final time.
Clough North Limited was incorporated on November 29, 2017 at Companies House.
The latest information from Companies House shows a Indi Owuju as “a person with significant control.’ He was appointed director on September 1, 2018.