Tesco Supermarket has announced is it making significant changes to its stores to improve the safety of its staff and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following the Prime Minister’s recent announcement, the stores have since implemented several measures:
Food for all
- To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, stores have introduced a restriction of 3 items per customer on every product line and removed multi-buy promotions.
- In product areas where demand is particularly high, ranges have been simplified
- There is a special hour in stores for NHS workers as a thank you for all they are doing. On Sundays, they can browse larger stores and select their shopping an hour before the checkouts open. Workers will require ID
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9-10am is designated for the elderly and vulnerable.
Safety for everyone
- New social distancing measures will be rolled out across stores in the coming days.
- Floor markings in car parks will help you to maintain safe distances when queuing.
- A limited number of people will be allowed in stores.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed around stores with extra cleaning of baskets and trollies in place.
- New floor markings will help you to keep a safe distance from others while waiting to pay.
- The installation of protective screens at checkouts.
Customers are advised the following:
- Please check your store’s opening hours in advance.
- Before you leave home, please bring enough bags for your shop. If it’s raining, don’t forget an umbrella too, in case you need to queue outside the store.
- Try to shop with no more than one other person, which will help to reduce the number of people in-store at any one time.
- Please use cleaning stations to wipe your trolley, basket, or Scan as you Shop handset.
- If possible, use card or contactless payments.
- Avoid shopping during dedicated times for vulnerable and elderly people, and NHS workers, and be kind to Tesco colleagues as they’re working hard to serve you; we’re all in this together.