SADDLEWORTH RESIDENTS have the chance to influence the way local health services are run by becoming a Governor for Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust.
Pennine Care, which provides community and mental health services across the borough, operates a Council of Governors where local people can represent their constituency.
The Council of Governors is responsible for ensuring community views are considered in decisions about how the Trust spends its money and develops services.
John Starkey, Lead Governor at the Trust, commented: “I’ve been a member of the Council of Governors for almost four years now and it’s a really rewarding role.
“The Council of Governors has a real voice and the authority to challenge decisions made by the Board, champion the needs of patients and give feedback about services in the area.
“I would encourage anyone who is passionate about the NHS to consider joining our Council of Governors.”
Pennine Care is running a series of events where people can find out more about becoming a Governor:
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale – 24 March from 10.30am to 12.30pm, at Meeting Room 1 & 2, Nye Bevan House, Rochdale
- Tameside and Glossop – 1 April from 1.00pm to 3.00pm, at Community Room, Ashton-Under-Lyne Fire Station, Audenshaw, M34 5FS
- Trafford – 7 April from 10.30am to 12.30pm, at Committee Room 4, Trafford Town Hall, M32 0TH
- Oldham – 9 April from 1.00pm to 3.00pm, at Community Room, Oldham Fire Station, Lees Road, OL4 1JN
- Stockport – 17 April from 12.30pm to 2.30pm, at Hatworks Café, Hatworks Museum, Stockport, SK3 0EU
- Bury – 21 April from 1.00pm to 3.00pm, at Lancaster Suite, Town Hall, Bury, BL9 0SW